Senior Project Manager (Software)
Our client is building the next generation of energy systems. Their newly opened Prague division is expanding its software development team to develop solutions for renewable energy distributed generation. As the project manager, you will be responsible for delivering international projects, involving customised software and hardware.
You will be working with skilled software engineers, energy experts, economists and product managers.
As the team and project is still relatively new, you will have significant direct impact on the projects and how project management is handled within the business.
Overview of Role
As an experienced project manager, you will be responsible for supporting the wider team (based in Prague and the UK). You will have general responsibility for all project stages from analysis and planning, through to development and implementation. You will also manage project costs and budget, risk management and ensure that project timelines are met.
The PM’s role is to plan, track and report on projects, facilitate and promote cooperation with management and other relevant parties. The project manager will also drive and enable the progress of each project element, under the leadership of relevant Team Leads. The PM is key towards the successful delivery of a project, though the full accountability of each project resides with Team Leaders and management.
The PM needs to build professional relationships and communication with individuals involved in projects, and he is expected to work closely with all of them. Technical Team Leads will be the main point of contact.
The Project Manager will track all project costs throughout the organisation and flag any budgeting issues.
You will also be responsible for creating a Risk Register for each project, in cooperation with team leaders and other key team members. You will ensure that all identified risks have been properly assessed, documented and mitigated.
Required skills and Experience
- Educational background in computer science, electrical engineering is preferred.
- Must have experience of owning and delivering several full life cycle software delivery projects
- Good technical knowledge able to understand already or adapt quickly to the energy sector
- Good English language skills, both spoken and written (English is the main communication language within the business). Other languages are welcome but not a strong requirement.
- Experience working in and managing projects in a SCRUM environment is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of cloud/AWS development and//or Jira is welcome
Please Note: These positions are open to EU citizens and people who are able to work freely in the Czech Republic. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visa or work permit sponsorship at the present time.
– Full time permanent working contract (although we are also open to discuss with people that would like to work long term on a freelance basis if you have particular industry experience),
– Genuine opportunity to make a significant impact and contribution to the future of our new team in Prague,
– 25 days’ vacation, annual performance bonus, stock options in the parent company,
– We are seeking people that will work full time with the team in our office in Prague but we can offer some flexible working time and home office options longer term.
– This is also a great opportunity for people with an interest in renewable energy. You work will make a real contribution to the long-term viability of renewable energy sources.
– Straightforward interview process – After an initial phone discussion, you will be invited to one meeting in our Prague offices. The final stage will be a call with our senior management in Prague and the UK.