We are now looking for an experienced Network Engineer to join the internal IT department of an international oil and gas company in Prague.
- Design, implement and maintain network equipment and infrastructure including networking (Cisco, Juniper) and firewall (CheckPoint) equipment and solutions.
- Establish and maintain VPN connections based on different technologies and solutions
- Cooperate as part of a team including application support specialists, basic infrastructure and vendors
- Incident management – support for core infrastructure, ensure availability of services
- Problem management – troubleshoot problems, resolving standard and non-standard issues, implementing fixes
- Configuration and customization of networking parameters
- Change management – ensuring smooth implementation of changes in infrastructure and documenting change
- Projects – participating in development, testing, implementation of change
- Operational controlling and monitoring of key processes and data flows
- 3+ years’ experience in deployment and maintenance of networking and firewall solutions from different vendors (CheckPoint, Cisco, Juniper)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the maintenance of local and global networks within a large scale organization with different geographical locations.;
- Deep knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, IP switching and routing, some specific protocols within IP (e.g. BGP, OSPF, etc).
- Maintenance of documentation for networking, experience with design of documentation is an asset;
- Written and spoken knowledge of English
- Regular office working hours, Monday to Friday
- A chance to work in a strong, secure international team environment Competitive salary
- 25 Days vacation
- Meal Vouchers Other company benefits are also available
- Long-term advancement within the company is possible
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV in English language and a brief covering letter to Dominic using the application button below.