Dev Ops Engineer – Start Now, Move Later
We’re now seeking a Dev Ops specialist for a major tech company based in Amsterdam. The company develop GPS solutions for retail customers, international transportation companies and local government authorities.
This is a well established company with offices in several countries across the globe, employing more than four thousand people. Managers and all staff drive a great company culture, promoting diversity and team work. The company focuses on solving problems with creativity, taking pride in your work and enjoying the work that you do.
Due to the current Covid 19 situation, this position is open for immediate hiring but will be home office until we are able to resume office life again. This applies to candidates interested in relocating to the Netherlands as well – you can be hired immediately and then relocate when borders re-open.
– Work with multiple development teams to create the most effective best working practices across the business
– Plan, prepare and present new solutions, including presenting them to teams and coaching during roll out.
– Be a trainer and coach for engineers, filling skills/knowledge gaps to improve work processes.
– Seek opportunities to introduce more automation during software build processes. Use tools such as GitHub and Azure.
– Act as expert and mentor for any technical questions about CI/CD
– Seek ways of creating standardised practices across the development teams.
What you’ll need
– Good experience in software engineering, experience with Node.js is a definite plus
– Strong knowledge and hands on working experience in CI/CD
– Artifact management skills (such as Artifactory, Nexus etc.)
– Public Cloud Experience
– Experience in container based architecture (Docker, Kubernetes)
– Experience using automation tools such as Terraform, Anisble
– Source code management systems experience (especially GitHub)
– Personality and attitude is equally important. We’re looking for a problem solver and great communicator, able to create solutions and demonstrate them.
This position is based in our Amsterdam office, initially on a 12 month contract with opportunities to extend further.
For people relocating to the Netherlands, we’re able to arrange accommodation for you (there will be a charge for accommodation but, we’ll do our best to minimise the cost for you). We will also manage all of your registrations for legal employment here and try to ensure that your move goes as smoothly as possible.
We are not able to process visa or work permit applications however and so, we can only accept applications from EU citizens or people able to work in the EU/Netherlands without the need for a visa or work permit application.
If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please send us a copy of your CV in English language and we’ll review it as soon as possible!