Embedded Software Engineer
Our client is an innovator in cloud based iOT solutions for homes and living. They are currently in final development of their first product line which will be launched later this year and are now planning for further expansion. The company is a specialist for developing and building smart devices that add real value and ‘de-complicates’ people’s lives.
Overview of the role:
- The Embedded Software Engineer works in the Embedded team, developing applications for custom made home and entertainment hardware.
- The embedded systems operate with common open source components alongside some unique custom solutions.
- As part of the embedded team, you will work with other teams including mobile app developers and the cloud technology team.
- Our systems run on an embedded GNU/Linux operating system.
- Although we work in a team environment, you will have freedom to create your own solutions and work on your own initiative.
- Good general development experience with an understanding of data structures, algorithms, multi-threading and network protocols
- Coding skills in C++/C
- Experience working with Linux environments
- Experience working on projects that involve video and/or audio output on Linux
- Knowledge of GIT, Docker, CMake
- A basic understanding of Python and Bash
- Excellent working environment with a stunning office location by the river Vltava in the centre of Prague. Large garden area for working on sunny days!
- Young and dynamic work environment where people work together and play together. Xbox, exercise and other ‘taking a break’ options are available.
- Opportunity to create brand new products that provide innovative solutions to people’s everyday lives.
- Full time long term working opportunity with real opportunities for professional development.