AmpX is building the next generation of energy systems. Powered by intelligent transactive markets, data-intensive analytics services and universal sensor technology.
AmpX’s newly opened Prague division is expanding its data science team to develop solutions for renewable energy distributed generation. As a machine learning engineer/data scientist you will be working on a wide variety of active international energy projects.
You will be working with skilled software engineers, energy experts, economists and product managers.
Given the wide scope and early stage of our endeavour, you will have significant direct impact on the projects and considerable latitude on the choice of areas and technologies to fit your skills and interests.
Project tasks include:
– Time series analysis and predictive models for a full range of spatial resolution and time horizons:
Generation forecasting (with focus on renewable sources)
Energy market price forecasting
Analysis of sensor data across the whole energy-value chain
Analytics services for virtual power plant/demand side management platform
– Anomaly detection and predictive maintenance for various assets in the energy grid
– Development of automated energy trading agent intelligence (forecasts, trading strategies, backtests)
– Development of tailored energy-efficiency services based on data analytics
– Data cleaning, exploratory analysis & visualization
– Feature engineering, model building, training and evaluation
– Productionalisation of machine learning applications
– Involvement with the data-backend (stream processing and storage)
– Proposing and testing new hypotheses for potential services in any of the work-streams
– Keeping up to date with developments in machine learning & energy sector
Required skill set:
Data Science software stack
– Python – numpy/scipy/matplotlib/sklearn/pandas etc,
– Deep learning: tensorflow, keras
– Good overview of machine learning & statistics and curiosity to learn more
Software engineering skills
– Linux, shell scripting, version control
– Development of analytics-based REST API services
– Docker, Kubernetes (advantage)
– Experience with cloud-providers (AWS, MS Azure, Google)
– Usage SQL and NoSQL databases, experience with time series databases advantage
Good English language skills, both spoken and written (English is the main communication language within the business). Other languages are welcome but not a strong requirement.
– Experience in energy or trading sector
– Practical experience with reinforcement learning in the context of either: Advanced process control or Trading (any area: equities, commodities, crypto)
– Experience with Hadoop streaming-stack (Kafka, Spark/Flink)
Please Note: These positions are open to EU citizens and people who are able to work freely in the Czech Republic. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visa or work permit sponsorship at the present time.
– Full time permanent working contract (although we are also open to discuss with people that would like to work long term on a freelance basis),
– Genuine opportunity to make a significant impact and contribution to the future of our new team in Prague,
– 25 days’ vacation, annual performance bonus, stock options in Amp parent company,
– We are seeking people that will work full time with the team in our office in Prague but we can offer some flexible working time and home office options longer term.
– This is also a great opportunity for people with an interest in renewable energy. You work will make a real contribution to the long term viability of renewable energy sources.
– Straightforward interview process – After an initial phone discussion, you will be invited to one meeting in our Prague offices. The final stage will be a call with our senior management in Prague and Edinburgh.